Sound-SHIELD batts help provide a more comfortable interior environment by reducing transmission of conversations and the sounds of televisions, stereos and ventilation systems. Used in conjunction with the caulking of joints and resilient channels for drywall attachment, insulation can increase STC ratings by 8 to 10 points.
• Formaldehyde-free – will not off-gas formaldehyde in the indoor environment.
• Fire-resistant and Non-combustible
• Non-corrosive – does not accelerate corrosion of pipes, wiring or metal studs.
• Durable – unaffected by moisture, oil, grease and most acids. It will not rot, mildew or otherwise deteriorate.
• Resilient – bonded glass fibers will not pull apart during normal applications and resist settling, breakdown and sagging from vibration.
• Flexible – forms readily around corners and curved surfaces.